10 Differences between the business school and the entrepreneurial journey:
- Business school will teach us NOT to fail; failure is part of the entrepreneurial journey.
- Business school will teach us to sell our time; entrepreneurs invest their time.
- Business school will teach us to find a job; entrepreneurs create jobs.
- Business school will teach us to fit in; entrepreneurship is all about standing out.
- Business school will teach you how to write a business plan; entrepreneurship is a trial and error set of actions.
- Business school will make us fearful of uncertainty; entrepreneurship lives on optimism.
- Business schools make us over-analytic and doubtful; entrepreneurs trust their ability to overcome any obstacle.
- Business school teaches us to depend on others; entrepreneurship is all about being resourceful.
- Business school teaches us to ask permission; entrepreneurship challenges the status-quo.
- Business schools develop our tendency towards selfishness; entrepreneurship is all about serving.
To answer your question, I want to become an entrepreneur, is a business school worth it?
Business school teaches business management NOT entrepreneurship.
The process of starting a business has NOTHING to do with business management. Business school will make sense once you have your business running.